Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Post-Holiday Updates

I’ve been delaying my post simply because there are a ton of updates since the last one! ;) Not to mention, Hannah and I have been sick and I’ve been slightly lazy when it comes to the internet. So…without further delay…

James has finally been granted another job. Given, it’s another part-time job but a job none-the-less. Our hopes are obviously for a better paying, full-time position with benefits. Until then, we’ll take what we can get and keep looking. His new position will be at Target. He has to pass the drug test and background check first. I can’t imagine either being a problem! He will begin as a regular employee on either the 2nd or 3rd shift (to be determined by him still). However, they have a managerial position (as we desire) which should open around the end of January or beginning of February. He has been told that he is the top candidate for the position already. Please pray, pray, pray for this! So an update on James’ current work status: Meijer 32 hrs/wk, Marketplace Chaplaincy 3-7 hrs/wk (+ drive time), and Target 20 hrs/wk. Praise God my husband is a hard worker and also desires for me to be at home with Hannah Mai.

My precious Hannah Mai has finally readjusted to post holiday life again. She was VERY out of sorts for about three days following Christmas. Then it was as if she woke up one day, completely back to normal! Then she got my cold. Rats.

Hannah and I have continued to be sick. This morning was the first in which I’ve woken up without coughing or a sore throat in a while. That was nice. I pray Hannah and I continue to get well as the Lord desires. Also, I have a whole new outlook on my rash. If you’re curious, read my post on my other blog.

All of our family Christmas gatherings are over. We enjoyed getting to spend time with both sides of the family this year. We were in Murray with my family for several days and then enjoyed the company of my in-laws in Louisville for several days after that.

New Year’s Eve was uneventful for myself. James was asked to preach at a service downtown at 10:30 pm. He was there until about 12:45 am. Considering mine and Hannah’s health concerns (and the fact that Hannah should be in bed long before 10:30), we stayed at home. My celebration was in my sleep – with no regrets!

For now, I think that is enough updates. Thank you for your patience and I hope to be on top of things again now that the holiday rush and hopefully our illnesses, are ending!

Take care,
Terra

No comments: