Monday, January 28, 2008

Happenings in My Life

Over the last few weeks, many things have been happening. This post won't be all that theological, more of a personal update than anything. Just to give you a heads up.

In December I found out I had a golf ball sized cyst on my right ovary. It was revealed to be benign and likely no surgery necessary. You can read my previous posts for more on that. Unfortunately, for about four days now, I've had frequent and sometimes very painful stomach cramps. I've been nauseous and dizzy. It has not been fun. Please continue to pray for me there. As far as I know, my only option to cease the pain (assuming it continues) is to be on birth control - but we want to have more kids! Pray for me for wisdom.

For better news, yesterday was the kickoff of my new jewelry business! It went very well and I thank everyone who came and supported me in my new venture. May God continue to lead me there. I enjoyed spending time with the ladies and playing with jewelry in the meantime. :)

Hannah Mai turned eight months old this past Saturday. It's amazing how time flys. I will be posting an update about her on our family site. Keep your eye out there for that.

Church life has been getting busier. James and I have fallen in love with Sojourn Community Church. I'm helping in the nursery once a month with the Titus 2 Ministry. James and I have a community group at our house each Tuesday night. We've also gotten involved with the counseling ministry. It has been a true blessing.

With all the busyness, James and I have to be careful not to neglect our time with one another. We now have our Tuesday morning breakfasts and Sunday afternoon dates. James is working three different jobs right now (Meijer, Starbucks, Marketplace Chaplains) and I've just begun the jewelry business. Praise God for keeping us looking to the needs and desires of one another.

I think that's all of the updates I have for now. ;) I hope this has caught you up on some things!

In Christ,
Terra

2 comments:

Bigmammy said...

God will give you the wisdom that you need. Hang in there, and kiss that cute baby for me.

Anonymous said...

Well sweetheart I don't know I'll be able to leave another comment for you since our internet will be gone soon I'm sure. But I'll talk to you when I can. I really enjoyed the pictures of your walk back in the past from High School to now. Seems as if it were only yesterday at times and then sometimes it seems longer than it really is. I remember so many things, and each time I ach in my heart to have all of you kids little and back in my home and me reading to you again or cam cording another one of all of your little comercials or acts. One more year and I'll be half a century old. The age doesn't really bother me, just the lost happiness of having my babies with me, and that's what you all are to me no matter how old you get. You all have children of your own now, and sooner than you'll want, you will be saying these same words. I am proud of each one you and especialy proud that all of you have done better than I ever have. That is what a mother prays for,I will always pray for you all and your families. May God Bless you all forever more. Love MOM