Saturday, December 8, 2007

26 Years of Grace

In honor of my birthday today, I wanted to share 26 things I’m thankful for in my 26 years of God’s grace. If you’re curious about any of these, feel free to message and ask me.

1. My salvation in Jesus Christ. I was bought at a great price and one in which I can never repay. I praise God for this greatest gift of all.

2. My husband, James. Never in a million years would I have dreamed God would give me such a wonderful husband. Need I say more?

3. My daughter, Hannah Mai. To be a mother is a blessing. To be a mother so soon after marriage, an even greater blessing (honeymoon baby). To be a mother of Hannah Mai, my perfect blessing.

A. My other family.

      4. My mother, Darlene (& hubby Kenny). She is one of the a greatest examples of sacrifice to her children I have ever known. To this day, she continues to do so. I praise God for her life and love.

      5. My sister, Sheena (& hubby John). What a joy it was to live with her again (even if for only two weeks)! She’s a beautiful women who wants to grow in her love for the Lord and her family. I pray God leads her well.

      6. My brother, Jimmy (& wife Jamie). Though we rarely talk anymore, I still love him and pray for him regularly. He and I have always had similar personalities and with that, I pray harder for him! ;)

B. My in-laws.

      7. My Mama Tess. After passing initial differences, I’ve grown to know her as a woman of love. She’s a great example of Christ-like hospitality and is growing beautifully in forgiveness.

      8. My Papa Ben. If I could use one word to describe him, it’d be the word I’d want people to describe me: Joy. He’s always so vibrant and full of joy – especially when seeing his pride, Hannah Mai.

      9. My sis, Natalie (& hubby Todd). With a sweet spirit and insightful heart, I always enjoy my conversations with her. I love the way we’ve grown with one another.

10. My reconciliation with my father. Six years ago I was reconciled to my father after years of issues. Nine months later, he passed away from brain cancer. Yet God blessed me with reconciliation before he took him home.

11. My church. James and I have recently become members of Sojourn Community Church. It has been great getting to know our new family and seeking ways we can serve those around us.

12. My friends. I’ve made many wonderful new friendships this year and I’m so excited about growing in those relationships. A special mention is my neighbor Amy…she is such a blessing to me! I’m also thankful for old friends that continue to be there year after year.

13. My chiropractor. May sound odd but he and his office (Brownsboro Rd. Chiropractic) have been such a great blessing to me and my family this year! I have many neck problems (and some low back) and my visits are looked forward to each week!

14. My daughter’s pediatrician (Dr. Amy Bindner). She, as well as the rest of the office staff, are so incredibly helpful. They never treat me as an idiot (even when I feel like one) and help in any way they can. She is a sweet as can be and has really encouraged me as a first time mom.

15. My provisions. Though James and I are still struggling in finding him a new job (and me some part time at home work), God continues to provide. We have a home, 2 cars, electricity, heat, running water and then some. We cannot complain even in hardship.

16. My blog. Sounds silly but I’ve been blessed by taking the time to write blogs. Not only do people frequently express their encouragement towards my blogs, I get encouraged by meditating on the topics beforehand.

17. My health. As far as I know, I’m in good health. I know this is not the case for many people and I pray I use my good health to help those less fortunate.

18. My senses. Along with health, something I don’t think of often is my sense. Praise God for my vision, hearing, tasting, touching and smelling abilities! How much more enjoyable life is as a result.

19. My schooling. Even though I’m now a stay-at-home mom, I do have both a B.S. in Business Administration and a M.A. in Theological Studies. I’m so grateful for the “real” world degree of business but even more so for everything I learned at Seminary. My faith was pushed and grew so much during my time there.

20. My quiet times. I’ve been blessed so much in my times with the Lord. Though 6 or 6:30 am rolls around way too quickly, I always end feeling blessed.

21. My Facebook. Ha. Seriously though…it’s allows me to reconnect with friends that I haven’t spoken to in years. What a great tool!

22. My computer. I absolutely love the internet – sometimes too much. ;) I also love being able to communicate easily online as well as sending tons of baby pics to friends and family.

23. My cooking skills. Hehe, so now I’m getting goofy. Well, seriously though… I’ve never cooked so much in my life until these last few months. Thank God for the motivation and my husband for patience.

24. My camera. I love, love, love taking pictures. It will be a sad, sad, sad day when my camera dies.

25. My job opportunities. At this point in my life I’m convinced that I need to be at home with my daughter. However, I’ve had many at home opportunities thanks to people around me. A special thanks to my friend Debbie for the babysitting opportunities and others around us who continue to make opportunities available.

26. My life! I can only be thankful for the things I have as long as I’m living. After that, my thankfulness will solely be towards the first thing on my list – my salvation in Christ!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday, Terra! I hope your day gave you even more things to be thankful for!
Amanda

Bigmammy said...

You are also a blessing to my entire family :)