Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tell Me It's a Dream!

Aghhhhhh! Sorry, had to get that out. This is Terra and for those of you that may remember, last winter I had a 2 1/2 month long, obnoxious rash known as P(ityriasis) Rosea. It didn't hurt or itch (much). More than anything, it was an annoyance. At last count, I had over 180 red spots on my body, primarily on my torso.

About a week ago, I noticed a small, scaly looking spot on my right leg. But before I could dwell, I told myself I must have just scratched my leg. Then tonight, I noticed another two spots on my chest. I REALLY hope that it's just a coincidence and my body is playing tricks on me. According to one source, only 3% of people who have had P. Rosea will get it again. You've GOT to be joking me!

Please pray for me over the next week or so as I'll likely be able to tell more within that time frame. Again, it's more of a nuisance than a medical concern. I just don't like looking like a cheetah and the potential for scarring (I have a nickel sized scar on my leg from the last go around). May I keep my eyes on Christ and thank God that even if I do have it again, it's so much better than it could be.

If you're curious and would like to read a short snippet about P. Rosea, check out the following link by Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pityriasis_rosea.

Take care,
Terra

No comments: