Saturday, December 8, 2007
26 Reasons Why I love My Wife, Terra Mai
In celebration of 26 years of God’s grace, I write 26 Reasons why I love my wife, Terra Mai
1. Terra Mai is God’s precious gift to me this side of eternity (Prov. 18:22).
2. Terra Mai loves her Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. She is reminded very regularly of God’s love for her in Christ Jesus (Lk. 7:47; Rom. 5:8).
3. Terra Mai strives to grow in her knowledge of Christ in the Scriptures and seeks to apply it in her marriage and parenting (2 Peter 3:18)
4. Terra Mai loves the body of Christ. She has given her time, gifts, and resources (Eph. 4:16)
5. Terra Mai loves her mom and siblings. She constantly thinks about them and prays for them.
6. Terra Mai esteems my interest as her husband much higher than hers (Phil. 2:4-5).
7. Terra Mai loves her daughter Hannah Mai very much. She feeds her, bathes her, changes her diapers, reads to her, talks to her constantly, hugs her, and many other things.
8. Terra Mai loves to pray for people (Eph. 6:18).
9. Terra Mai is compelled every evening to transfer glory to God for every faith-prompted purpose and gospel obedience that day (1 Cor. 10:31).
10. Terra Mai loves to encourage people through her writing (Heb. 10:24).
11. Terra Mai is always quick to admit her sin struggles and ask for forgiveness (Eph. 4:29).
12. Terra Mai loves to sing (Ps. 149:1).
13. Terra Mai loves to cook.
14. Terra Mai is one of the most creative people I know. She loves sewing and decorating.
15. Terra Mai has such a hospitable heart (Rom. 12:13).
16. Terra Mai is serious about putting to death sin in her life and looking to Christ for hope (Col. 3:5, 12.
17. Terra Mai pursues a heart of patience (2 Tim. 2:24).
18. Terra Mai has a heart for the nations (Ps. 67).
19. Terra Mai loves taking a lot of pictures. She loves to capture memorable moments in life (Ps 145:5).
20. Terra Mai loves to be organized.
21. Terra Mai values the time of others.
22. Terra Mai loves children. I have seen this when she has volunteered in the nursery and those she babysits (Ps. 145:4).
23. Terra Mai loves my Filipino culture. When we got married, she recited our vows in Tagalog (National language in the Philippines)!!!
24. Terra Mai has a teachable heart (Prov. 9:9).
25. Terra Mai strives to adorn more the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of and gentle and quiet spirit (1 Pet. 3:4).
26. Terra Mai loves life!!!
Happy 26th Birthday!!!
I Love You,