Sunday, December 2, 2007

Excuses, Excuses

Many of you have probably been wondering where I’ve been lately. It’s been almost a full week since I’ve written and I’ve actually been pretty good about writing when I should. So when I was deciding on a topic to blog about, I debated whether or not to include an excuse for why it’s taken me so long.

“I’ve been too busy.” (Really? Any busier than usual?)
“I haven’t thought of any topics. (Yeah right, I’m never at a loss for topics.)
“I’ve been tired.” (Yes but could lazy be a better word?)

All that thought and I decided to blog about my excuses themselves! Hmmm… So what could I actually have to say about excuses that would be the least bit interesting?

After the Lord called Moses to lead the exodus from Egypt, we read the following. In Exodus 4:1, Moses says, “But behold, they will not believe me or listen to my voice, for they will say, ‘The LORD did not appear to you.’” And then in 4:10, “But Moses said to the LORD, ‘Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue.’” (ESV) Looks like I’m not the only one good at coming up with excuses!

When I began this blog, I said my goal would be to write at least twice a week. I did give my self the lenience of writing less on some weeks. I’m not going to say I will certainly write “X” amount of times per week. “But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your "yes" be yes and your "no" be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.” - James 5:12 (ESV) I will try my best and during the days I have not written, pray for me. Occasionally during these times I do have a valid reason to be refraining.

I will try my best not to come up with any more excuses in the future. An excuse is only a good way to make myself look better (or make you feel sorry for me). Where is the godliness in that?

Until next time…

In Christ Alone,
Terra Santos

P.S. I forgot to mention – for those of you that have wanted to comment on my blogs in the past but didn’t have an account, I’ve changed the setting. I didn’t realize it was set up the way it was. It no longer needs any sort of account or password. So please, comment away! I’d love to know your thoughts and ways I can improve this blog! Thanks!

1 comment:

Bigmammy said...

Good to see you back :)