Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tired...Always Tired

A couple of weeks ago, I (Terra) ended up at the doctor. I had had a sore throat for two weeks which refused to go away. While there, I mentioned to my doctor some other strange things which have be going on with my body. I'm always tired - no matter how much rest I get. I currently weigh less than I ever have as an adult, with zero effort (no dieting, exercising, etc). My hair is breaking easily and so on. I was tested for strep in the office, which was negative. I was also tested for mono. Since that test was sent out of office, the doc went ahead and prescribed an antibiotic in the meantime for my throat, in case it was some weird bacterial thing that just hadn't gone away over time. My potassium levels, kidney and liver functions, blood sugar and thyroid were all checked. I had no weird blood issues going on (anemia, white blood count or platelet issues). Absolutely nothing. The sore throat went away by the second day I was on the antibiotic. The rest of the issues are still problems - yet a cause cannot be pinpointed.

My sister suggested that I may have finally reached a level of busyness that is taking a toll on my body. Considering how busy James and I tend to be, she might be on to something. By God's grace, we're cutting back our activities and I pray it makes a difference. In the meantime, please continue to pray for me in this area. The thing that bothers me the most is the constant fatigue. It's hard to be joyful with a one year old when you're always tired. I'm also looking into better eating habits to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for your prayers!
Terra

1 comment:

Sarah Cosper said...

Hey Terra,
I am lifting you up. I think you know that I have rheumatoid arthritis, so I struggle with constant fatigue. I have to take a nap or at least lay down when D does. This has been hard because naturally that is when I want to do a bunch of stuff. That and trying to make sure i am not over committed has really helped me control my fatigue. The other huge thing is eating less sugar (which has a huge pain impact on my joints). God bless you.