Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday's Music Review: All Because of Jesus

Song Title: All Because of Jesus (#10 on album)
Album Title: The Altar and the Door
Artist(s): Casting Crowns
Written by: Steve Fee

(Hear the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmaSe3z4_ZA):

Giver of every breath I breathe

Author of all eternity
Giver of every perfect thing
To You be the glory
Maker of Heaven and of Earth
No one can comprehend Your worth
King over all the universe
To You be the glory

And I am alive because I’m alive in You

It’s all because of Jesus I’m alive
It’s all because the blood of Jesus Christ
That covers me and raised this dead man’s life
It’s all because of Jesus I’m alive
I’m alive, I’m alive

Giver of every breath I breathe
Author of all eternity
Giver of every perfect thing
To You be the glory
Maker of Heaven and of Earth
No one can comprehend Your worth
King over all the universe
To You be the glory

And I am alive
because I’m alive in You

It’s all because of Jesus I’m alive
It’s all because the blood of Jesus Christ
That covers me and raised this dead man’s life

It’s all because of Jesus

Every sunrise sings Your praise
The universe cries out Your praise
I’m singing freedom all my days
Now that I’m alive

I’m alive, I’m alive, I’m alive

My thoughts:
Though a little repetitive, the message of this song is eternal. We are alive physically because Christ both created and sustains us. We are alive spiritually (if we are Christians) because Christ has transformed and renewed our hearts. First Colossians 1:15-20 (ESV) says this about Christ,
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross."

Wow! I consider this passage one of the Bible's greatest - if that is possible! No matter how hard we try, we simply cannot fathom Christ's worth, as mentioned in the song. He is ultimately higher and bigger than anything we can dream of. What a mighty God we serve!

In Christ,
Terra

No comments: