Thursday, November 6, 2008

Goofy Mommy Moment

Today I was fixing spaghetti for about the gazillionth time for Hannah (it's one of the things she will almost always eat). I broke the noodles in half, small enough to fit the pot. All of a sudden, I realized how goofy my spaghetti making has been for the last 7 or 8 months. Let me explain.

Typically, after boiling the halved spaghetti and draining it, I find any utensil I can to cut it into smaller pieces. You have to remember Hannah is 17 1/2 months old with no teeth! Well, wet noodles don't like to be cut, as many a mom can surely attest. Why have I NEVER thought to break the noodles into smaller pieces, while they are still hard and before I boil them? Wow... what a moment.

Until my next goofy trick,
Terra

1 comment:

Sarah Cosper said...

Oh, I do that too, BUT we have a great pair of Kitchen Aid Scissors that I cut the noodles, meat and cheese up with. Doing it any other has made me crazy!