Monday, May 5, 2008

Pink Eye

In the last post I mentioned Hannah having gunky eyes. Well, she was 'officially' diagnosed with pink eye today at the doctor. Fun stuff. However, she may not have to be treated if her condition continues to lessen. We'll see how it goes.

I also asked the doc about her cheeks and the tiny little pimple-looking things all over them. They've been there for quite a while now, about nine months or so at least. Well, I learned that it's not 'baby acne' or pimples at all. It's a skin condition called Keratosis Pilaris. Basically, it's more of an annoyance than anything. It doesn't itch or hurt and up to 50% of the population has it somewhere on their body (usually upper arms or legs). As a matter of fact, I never knew it had a name but I have it on the back of my upper arms as well. There is no "cure" for it but things can be done to reduce its unsightly appearance. Oh well, we all need something to keep us humble, right? Maybe this will be Hannah's trial, who knows? I'd rather it be something like this than many other things.

Hannah continues to grow big and fast! She's not walking yet but making the occasional attempt. She's "cruising" all over the place though. Since she's learned to point, she points at EVERYTHING waiting for you to tell her what it is or get it for her. It's kind of cute. ;)

Until next time,
Terra

No comments: