Saturday, September 29, 2007

Our 1st Family Picnic


The weather here in Louisville, Kentucky has been gorgeous, 80, sunny, and not a single cloud in the sky. Every week, I am always challenged to come up with ideas to do with my family. Given that fall is here and winter is just around the corner, I thought the Santos Family would have its first family picnic. The place of choice was Louisville's downtown, out on the river front. I must confess, I really love this spot. One, it was the place I proposed to Terra. Two, it was always the go to spot during Seminary where I could retreat and seek God. The river front overlooks the Ohio river bridges that connects Ketucky and Indiana, and captures the high rise buildings of downtown Louisville. For dinner, we had left over pulled pork, Doritos chips, two sprites, and rasberries. Now, a family picnic is not complete without a digital camera. After dinner, the family took random shots of each other, but the bulk of the pictures was zoomed in on our beautiful baby girl Hannah Mai.

I am praying weekly to give my wife and baby girl memories that they can look back and praise God for. Every day, I realize that I am a blessed Christian husband and father. My wife Terra and my baby girl Hannah are truly gifts of grace. My boasting is the result of what Christ accomplished for me on the cross. "But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ..." (Galatians 6:14).

James

No comments: