Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Pharmaceutical Rip Offs

After about two months of irritated eyes, especially my left one, I decided to make an appointment to get them checked. It was time for new contacts anyway. Lucky me, I have an eye infection. Sounds like something only a kid would have huh? So I went to get the prescription filled and was told that insurance companies will usually not pay for a prescription from an optometrist, only a M.D. Fortunately, James and I have a great network and we happen to know a couple of M.D.’s. He called the prescription in and after our $30 co-pay, the insurance company paid the rest. Aren’t you the slightest bit curious as to how much “the rest” is? $66.99!!! This TINY bottle of eye drops (see picture) costs nearly $100!


I know the pharmaceutical companies have to make money but that is ridiculous.

Anyway…I had to pass on my moment of shock and awe. :)

Until next time…

Terra

No comments: