Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Week 32: Belly 'Fun' and Back Pain

This week brought the end of our holiday craziness. By God's grace, from now until the new year begins, we have very little on our calendar. And that is simply fantastic!

The weather around here has been a little nutty. We had a decent amount of snow about a week or two ago. Then shortly after that, we got a good deal of ice to slick things up a bit. Now I've heard they are calling for another 4-6in of snow on Christmas Eve. Fun stuff. I took lots of pictures and a few videos for those of you interested, see my last post. It started melting today, just in time for the next batch I guess.

James and I went to a nice, formal Christmas party on Saturday. This was our 3rd year attending and it's always fun. See pictures at the link in my last post as well. I borrowed a maternity dress that worked perfectly. I actually felt cute in it. Kind of hard to feel that way at this point. I feel like I've swallowed a basketball and my face is starting to look like a little round ball itself. :)

So more baby stuff... My midwife appointment was another short and sweet one. Gained 2 more pounds (up 29 now). Blood pressure still great. She didn't comment on the measurements but said everything looked and sounded good. I'll be back again next week. I did ask her about the contractions and she told me it's normal for just about anything to cause contractions at this point. I figured it probably was but wanted to ask just in case. I was actually having a great deal of contractions at our formal event Saturday but after I drank a bit of water they stopped. Guess I was a little dehydrated. I'm trying to stay on top of that.

I've continued to have a lot of back pain: location and intensity dependent on the day. Most of the pains are from the spasms I get on my right, mid-back. Sometimes it's the typical low back pain anyone gets at this point in the pregnancy. For the last few months, I've had the habit of waking up on my back with my arms overhead. (I fall asleep on my side). I have NO idea why I'm sleeping this way or how to stop. But when I do, I often wake up with back pain. Weird.

Anyway, I think I've written enough for the week. Until next time!

Take care,
Terra

No comments: