Monday, March 30, 2009

Week 34: A Pain in the Hips

Unfortunately, week 34 brought back the hip/pelvis pain. Again, some days are better than others, it just depends. I had two "I can barely walk" days thanks to the pain. Fortunately, Hannah and I have been able to stay home for the most part so I haven't been forced to be out that way. Please continue to pray for me in that area. Tylenol seems to help a little though definitely not completely. I have another OB checkup this Thursday and I plan to ask the doc if she has any other recommendations for pain relief. Yet I keep reminding myself that even if it hurts - I can still walk. And by God's grace, I only have about a month left before this baby arrives and a chunk of the extra weight I'm carrying full time will be gone. Whew.

This weekend my mom and sis will be coming into town to throw my baby shower. I'm very much looking forward to seeing them again as I haven't since Christmas! I'm also looking forward to spending time with some many friends and loved ones at the shower itself.

Benjamin continues to be very mobile in the womb. There's no mistaking he's there, that's for sure. I do feel like his movements are a bit more relaxed most of the time than Hannah's "soccer kicks" were.

Speaking of Hannah, I still don't think she has a clue what's getting ready to happen. We had some friends over today and the youngest is about 8 months old. Hannah kept wanting to play with her and repeat "Baby" over and over. Yet I think it was fun since she was responsive. A newborn will likely not pay much attention to her. ;) She's also cutting some more teeth (in the back) and is still having several moments of attitude as a result. Potty-training is going okay. Some days, she does so well. Other days, not so much. Amazingly, she stayed dry the entire time our friends were over earlier which has not yet happened. That was a small victory!

I guess that's it for now! Until next time...
Terra

No comments: