Friday, February 6, 2009

Week 27: Nervous & Excited All Together!

Okay.... some of my out of town friends and family have been curious to see my belly and it's been a while since I've shown it. ;) Here it is... 22lbs later. Whoa. These pics were taken at 27 weeks, 4 days. I think this shirt actually makes me look a little smaller than I am, maybe you'd argue differently? :)

So by God's grace, my OB visit went well again this month. As I mentioned earlier, I've gained 22lbs which is right on target for where they want me. I have to keep in mind that I have a habit of starting my pregnancies underweight (I was 122 & 5'6"). At this point in time with my pregnancy with Hannah, my measurements started being on the low side. I was excited to hear that I'm measuring right at 27 weeks. Whew. I am scheduled for another ultrasound in early March just to double check since I had the weight gain issues with Hannah. My BP was 100/50 (much more like my pre-preg BP). I drank the nasty glucose drink and had my blood drawn for the gest. diabetes test. If anything is abnormal, I should receive a phone call from the office by Monday. So it was kind of a long visit, thanks to the one hour test but uneventful, which are good in my opinion!

I titled this post, "nervous & excited all together," because that's exactly what I'm feeling right now. I'm so excited about having another child to love and learning the in's and out's of having a little boy. I'm nervous about how Hannah will respond and our lack of sleep already having a toddler to look after. I'm excited about holding our child for the first time and introducing him to his big sister. I'm nervous about the uncertainties of labor and delivery. I'm excited that I'm due in less than three months and yet I'm nervous as all get out that I'm due in less than three months! This week I've been hit with the reality that less than three months is NOT that far away! Yeah... so that's how I'm feeling right now. ;)

We got to spend some time with friends of ours from Tennessee (the Burkeen's) this weekend. That was nice and relaxing since we haven't seen them since last May. It's amazing how big kids get over 8 months (referring to Tug & Kailey).

I guess that's it for now. Until next time...

Terra

No comments: