Monday, November 5, 2007

Why Titus 2?

Over the last few months, I've become more and more astounded, encouraged and challenged by the words of Titus 2:4-5 than ever before. During this time, the words of Carolyn Mahaney have been used by God to further push me in my Christian walk. Listening to her messages online have been a great blessing and many have centered around the verses listed in Titus 2. So why have I decided to call this new blog "Titus 2 In Training?"

Titus 2:4-5 instructs women to "to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." This is probably one of the clearest passages of Scripture regarding the roles and expectations of a woman. Though other key passages would include 1 Tim. 2:9-15, 1Pet. 3:1-6, Prov. 31, Eph. 5:22-24. It has become a consuming desire for me to live as Titus 2 commands.

Do I want to do these things legalistically? It would be easy to say, "Scripture says do 'this', 'this', and 'this' without any heart motives. However, I want to follow these verses for the purpose mentioned within them: "so that no one will malign the word of God." If I am living as Scripture has called me, there is a much lesser chance that I will "malign the word of God." If my ultimate purpose in life is to glorify God in all that I do, it is extremely important that I am not maligning His word.

I hope this blog will be one of encouragement, accountability, and an outflow of God's love towards the women around me. If you have any recommendations or specific topics you would like for me to cover on here, please let me know. I do want to keep this blog separate from our family blog to keep it purposeful. If you're looking for updates on our family happenings, please check that address instead. I hope to write at least twice a week though I'm sure some weeks will be more and some weeks will be less often. Please pray for me as I undertake this new ministry!

In Christ,
Terra Santos

No comments: