Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Here I Stand - In Christ Alone

The following is a poem that I wrote about two years ago. The indented lines are from the 3rd stanza of Townend's "In Christ Alone," one of my all time favorite hymns. The other lines were added by me. I hope you enjoy.

Here I stand, as love abounds
         In Christ alone, my hope is found.

         There in the ground, His body lay
I drove the nails, I paved the way.
         Light of the world by darkness slain
I followed the darkness, I caused His pain.
         Then bursting forth in glorious day
The Holy One, the Truth, the Way.
         Up from the grave, He rose again
And washed from me, my grievous sin,
         And as He stands in victory
His light so clear that I now see
         Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me
I worship him on bended knee.
         For I am His and He is mine
My Lord, His glory, so divine.
         Bought with the precious blood of Christ
Darkness replaced by magnificent light.

Here I stand, as love abounds
         In Christ alone, my hope is found.

By Terra (Rogers) Santos
8/6/05

No comments: