Sunday, April 1, 2012

May Your Power Rest on Me

There is a song that a few of our church members wrote a few years back called "May Your Power Rest on Me" by Joel Gerdis and Neil Robins.  It is hands down, the most powerfully convicting and encouraging song I know - and I LOVE music.  The lyrics are great but the music takes it completely over the top.  Match that up with real life circumstances and it doesn't get much better.

This morning, we sang the song at church.  There is one line that chokes me up every single time I here it.  It says,
"The harder I tried to climb The closer I was to find how great is my weakness"
How true is that?  I try and try to climb up the faulty ladders I've built myself.  I struggle with desperation to be the perfect mom or wife.  I pick up speed and think if I just get on the right path, this time, surely THIS time, I'll get it right.  If I just discipline the one RIGHT way, it'll finally work.  Then my ladder starts to get unsteady.  The rung that I super-glued begins to come apart.  I realize the wood I chose to work with is hollow.  As I fall, God, in His great mercy, catches me.  And I remember, how great is my weakness.  But how much greater is our God in His sovereign powerful strength.

As the song says, though the trial still goes on, HIS grace will be my song.  I can bear all things because He sustains me.  Oh how I praise God for his goodness and pray His power will rest on me.

~Terra

1 comment:

jessie said...

amen, sister. :) really good to read this evening.