Our current pregnancy is:
- Not an accident or "oopsie moment", it was simply a blessing we chose to receive.
- Just as exciting as our first was.
- Due on my birthday... how cool is that?
- Rather confirms the first part of that Feb. 22nd post, "Though we're not 100% sure..."
- A blessing but has no guarantees. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away as we learned in 2008.
After Sophia was about three months old, my heart slowly started to change. Could that really have been the last time I experienced the joys of new life in the womb? Yes, yes... no... no? It was hard... remember that part Terra?
When James and I first married, we said we were letting the Lord choose the hows, whens and how manys of our family size. But then four pregnancies (one loss), hard physical struggles, and a short 3 1/2 years later, I wasn't so sure God knew what was best for us. Maybe we could do a better job with this whole planning thing?
Those close to us continued to struggle with infertility or loss after loss while we were determined to make our own choices. One recent evening, I listened yet again to one of those stories of heartache. Suddenly, with great conviction, I decided it was time to let go. As well as I can calculate, it was that same time we conceived.
I know there are many other questions and thoughts out there. I know some people think we're a little crazy. And I have much, much more to write on the topic. But I think this blog has gotten long enough for now. Stay tuned for more. And rejoice with us now for the Lord has chosen to bless us once more!
Until next time...