Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Week 27 - Feeling Very Pregnant

It's amazing what a few short weeks can bring in a pregnancy. Week 27 has left me feeling very pregnant. I'm not exactly sure of my weight gain (I go back to the doc on Wednesday) but I feel like the Goodyear Blimp. I'd guess my weight gain is probably around 25lbs at this point and yet half the people I know keep commenting on how small I am. I really can't figure that out! I wonder how big they think I should be getting? I mention the weight gain mainly because it's leading to other painful issues: sore feet and pain in my lower back. Then for the last five days I've been dealing with tummy troubles. Not sure if I've picked up a mild stomach bug or something but it hasn't been fun. Yep. Pregnancy has fully set in for sure.

To try and keep a positive mindset in this post, as much as I'm aware, little Sophie is doing great. She continues to move around quite frequently. I can't help but daydream sometimes about what she may be like. Will she be stronger willed and dramatic like her sister? Will she be more laid back and energetic like her brother? Will she have medical issues (like Hannah's crazy jaundice, torticollis, crooked sacral dimple or Benjamin's need for a helmet) or allergies (like Hannah's dairy and soy issues)? Will she be a cryer or a content baby? Will she take a pacifier, suck her thumb (like Benjamin) or neither (like Hannah)? Will she be a Mommy's girl or Daddy's girl? What will she look like? When will she get her first teeth? How much hair will she have when she's born? Isn't it funny all the crazy questions that come to mind?

The exhaustion has continued. I've decided it must just be this part of the pregnancy. It doesn't matter how much sleep or rest I'm getting, I'm physically tired just about all day. So I'm trying to be careful not to overdo it - easier said than done during the holidays. I also started to get some evening nausea again. It's not quite as bad as it was during the early days of pregnancy but it's noticeable. It hasn't made me physically sick yet, just yucky feeling.

All that said, I must say, the day cannot come quickly enough. :) I'm ready to hold Sophia in my arms versus my belly. Of course, that doesn't mean I want to go into labor now. I want a full term delivery if possible. I'm glad Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's are fast approaching... it should make the time go by much faster!

Until next time....

Take Care,
Terra

No comments: