Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Week 26: Busyness Begins

There wasn't really much of anything new going on in week 26. It was slightly busy in the sense that I was preparing and co-teaching a breakout session on hospitality at a women's conference at my church. You can see pictures from it here: http://blog.sojournchurch.com/photo-blog-womens-a-m-conference-saturday-nov-6/ . That was Saturday. It was a great time of fellowship and learning and a great joy to be able to participate.

Sunday brought the effects of Daylight Savings. Honestly, the kids adjusted fairly well because I've been backing up their schedules for the last 2 weeks. By the time we 'lost' an hour, they were already adjusted 45 minutes worth. I can tell they've both been very tired in general lately but they're getting the usual amounts of sleep so I'm not sure what the deal is. Then again, as I mentioned in my last post, I've also been extremely tired lately. My latest theory is that it's the indoor heat / dry air that's making us sleepy. Wonder if I'm accurate at all there?

Starting last week, our next two months get crazy for the holiday season. Between James' jobs and other activities, things don't slow down much until January. So here's to praying for peace in the midst of it all!

This weekend I'm hosting a baby shower for a good friend of mine. She has two little girls right now and this will be their first boy. It should be fun. This week and next are busy for me on the babysitting side. But busy with babysitting means extra money so that's a bonus for sure. I have my next midwife appointment on Wednesday complete with glucose testing and another ultrasound to make sure my placenta is out of the way. Then I have one more women's conference on the weekend. But that one I'm not teaching anything, just attending, so that should be fun as well.

Sophia continues to do somersaults in my belly. I can tell how big she's getting when I feel her on both sides at the same time. James and I have been toying with the idea lately that maybe she'll be blonde or have blue eyes. Ha! Not a likely chance considering he's Asian but we can pretend, right?

Until next time...

Take Care,
Terra

No comments: