Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Week 12: Back Home and Exhausted

What a blur week twelve was! We had lots to do in Hawaii and little time to rest in between. Considering it will not be likely that we'll be visiting again anytime in the near future, we tried to hit a lot of the good 'places to go.' My in-laws live in Kailua, Oahu, which apparently is known to have the best beaches. Beach-wise, we went to Ala Moana, Kailua and the well known Lanikai (which had the softest sand I've ever felt in my life). We also walked up Waikiki beach en route to the aquarium. We 'accidentally' hiked a total of 4 miles up and down Makapu'u in flip flops, wearing no sun screen, with no water or food, and with the 2 kiddos in the double stroller. Long story short...there was a misunderstanding. We thought we were just going a short distance to see a lighthouse land mark, we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into! We spent two Sundays and a Wednesday evening at my in-laws church (Kailua Baptist). It was good getting to know the people there and we were very blessed. Not only were my sis-in-law and her husband there, my mother-in-law and father-in-law were there for the ordination ceremony as well. So we had a great deal of time to spend with the family and were very blessed by them all in many, many ways! I won't go into all of the things we did while we were there because it would take up too much space. But we had fun. The plane rides back were way harder than the ones there. We were exhausted, the kids did not sleep as well as I'd hoped and even when they did, it was nearly impossible for James and I to fall asleep. Our second flight took about 45 minutes longer than planned because of bad weather and Benjamin cried nearly the entire (almost 2 hr) flight. I hated having 'that kid' on a tiny plane. We returned to find our one checked bag never left Chicago and that took a while to sort through the paperwork (fortunately it was delivered to us the very same day)! LONG DAY. We are now trying our best to catch up on rest. Gladly, we have some off days here at the house and have been laying around a lot.

So baby-wise... nausea continues to be touch and go but WAY better than it was. The Zophran was definitely a life saver in Hawaii. I tried to only take it once per day and occasionally I didn't take it at all. I actually did not get physically sick until the very end of our time there. Then, it was probably lack of rest and continued change of diet. I continued to have tummy troubles until we returned home but things seem to be normal again there. :) I've been super tired but I have no doubt that is due to jet lag (6hr time difference) and pure fatigue from doing so much while we were there. Now I'm trying to get the house back in order and I need to make a grocery run. Life in the fast lane again!

I'll close with the pictures of Hawaii I've been promising. Enjoy!!! http://jamesandterra.blogspot.com/2010/08/hawaii-pictures.html

Take Care,
Terra

No comments: