Saturday, August 15, 2009

Busy Week

I haven't been writing much but I've been trying to keep everyone up to date with pictures and videos at least. I hope that's encouraging! ;)

This week is going to be super busy for James. He's literally going to be working just about non-stop from now until Friday. He has several meetings for his chaplaincy on top of his normal 40hr work week at Meijer. Then we're going to have some family time at the Newport Aquarium in Cincinnati. Please, please pray for strength and energy there.

Hannah and I had a cold this past weekend/week. It was no fun but we're doing great now. This morning, Benjamin woke up with a cough. I'm guessing he's now getting what we already had. Pray for quick healing for his little body (he's 3 1/2 months old now).

I've been doing yoga pretty much daily at home for the past week now. I never knew how amazing yoga could be! Seriously... I've felt more rejuvenated and had WAY less back pain then I do in a typical week. I'm so grateful to my friend Leigh-Anna for introducing me to it at the Y first! It means early mornings (about 6am) but it's totally worth it.

After reading up on some posts from my friend Courtney Bell's blog (see right side of this page for link), I was encouraged to start a weekly cleaning rotation. Each day the focus is on a different room and then there are certain things I do daily. Then I've also created a daily schedule to help me plan Hannah and Benjamin's day. This schedule is loose in the sense of activities but very specific in mealtimes and naptimes for example. Different things work for different people but so far, I've found that taking a little time to set these up has given me a great deal of EXTRA time to do things day to day. Oh..and a MUCH cleaner home! If you'd like to see my files, just leave me a message with your email address (if I don't already have it) and I'd be happy to send them.

Okay...so that's life in the Santos' home for now.

Until next time...
Terra

No comments: