Sunday, March 27, 2016

Some Easter thoughts

Easter is my favorite holiday.  What is a more powerful display of God's kindness toward us and His victory over sin and death than His resurrection from the grave?  During this season of uncertainty, loss and sadness, there could be no "better" time to go through this than in the newness of spring and the hope of new life.


I won't lie.  Our morning didn't start off in serenity with these deep thoughts.  Actually, I only woke up about 20 minutes before the madness began.  In a 40 minute time frame, all of the kids had to wake up, get dressed in Easter attire, open their gifts, eat breakfast and get out the door in time for church as we attend the 8:30a service.  Our 3yr old was angry at the world.  The 6yr old was a bucket of tears at the drop of any hat.  The 5yr couldn't find EITHER of her pairs of shoes.  I had to make a few different breakfast options as I didn't have enough of the one that everyone wanted; that didn't go over well.  Oh... and I didn't even touch on my husband and my own emotions.  At least there was no vomit on the radar as there was with the stomach bug that rampaged our home last week.  

Mold does not have the final say.  Disappointment and emotions don't either.  Christ does!  New life.  New earth.  Resurrection.  Revelation 21:4-5 says, 

"'He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.' He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

How I long for that day!

In Christ,
Terra

No comments: