Friday, September 26, 2014

Week 39: The Waiting Game

I type this on my last day of week 39.  It's funny.  No matter how much I think I can figure this pregnancy thing out, I'm rarely right. ;)  For various reasons, I've been pretty convinced that Abigail would come before her due date.  Well, unless it happens in the next 10 hours (which is possible but unlikely), I will be incorrect yet again.  Part of me finds it humorous, part of me finds it annoying.  So here I am, waiting - trying to be patient.  Each day of the wait is inevitably one day closer to meeting her, right?

It's been a really laid back week this week overall.  That's a plus.  I had about two days of nausea and not feeling well.  I'm not sure what was going on but it went away quickly.  For that, I'm very grateful as I feared I may be getting a stomach virus or something.  I didn't plan much this week in case I went in to labor so it's made things seem a little slower as well.  I guess I got to get some rest ahead of time - no complaints there.

My midwife checkup was much simpler this time.  I gained about 1/2 lb and my measurements went back up to about 34/35 weeks (at 39w, 2d).  Otherwise, there was really nothing new and exciting to announce.  I was in and out in about 15 minutes.  After my last appointment, that was a true gift!

I don't really have much else to update.  It's been pretty uneventful.  Just pray for my patience as we wait.  Considering my last two babies were both a week past due date, I may need some grace!

Until next time...

Take care,
Terra

No comments: