Sunday, December 9, 2012

Week 39: Hanging in There

As I'm writing this journal, I'm 40 weeks and one day.  So I thought it may be wise to go ahead and write as this baby surely has to come sooner or later - right?

This week's midwife appointment went super fast and smooth.  I did not have my dilation checked because I figured it was pointless when I hadn't had any significant contractions prior.  I gained no more weight as I've mostly stayed at 34lbs for the last several weeks.  I did share with her my concerns about being over due and what the next steps would be.  She tried to encourage me and remind me I didn't have to make any decisions just yet.  I scheduled my appointment one week out (which will put me 40wks and 5days).  At that point, I'll have a non-stress test and an ultrasound to check my fluid levels. Pending the results of all that will determine our next step.  So right now, my big prayer is that I'll go into labor myself before then and not have to worry about it!  Actually, with Sophia, that's exactly what happened.  I went into labor about 1am the morning I was scheduled to go in for those tests.

Last night, I started having a great deal of indigestion and then contractions about 5:30pm.  They continued until about 7:30 or so but then they dissipated significantly. I thought for a bit I was headed towards labor but alas, it was not to be.  Those are probably the most I've had for any continued amount of time this pregnancy.  That's encouraging at least.

Honestly, I'm not really miserable or anything at this point....  I'm just impatient and excited.  I want to meet this little man!  I go to bed every night wondering if it's the "night."  I have certainly had my share of heartburn here at the end and the last several weeks have also included a great deal of evening nausea (outside of the stomach bug issue).  Fortunately the nausea has been much better these last few days.  I'll take every little blessing!

The kids are finally getting over their colds/coughs. Sophia's was croupy to begin with but got better.  Then Hannah and Benjamin got it and lastly, Hannah's turned into walking pneumonia.  By God's great grace, the day after she got on antibiotics for it, she started feeling SO much better.  Truly a blessing.  So unless we catch something else between now and then, we should hopefully be done with illness by the time Daniel arrives.

So there's my update.  Hopefully my next post will be the birth story...  But only time will tell! ;)

Until next time...

Take care,
Terra

No comments: