Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 8: Yucky

After my last post, I was able to get scheduled at the office that diagnoses and treats my vertigo.  As I suspected, I had relapsed, and in two canals (there are three, I usually have issues in one at a time).  So all of my dizziness has certainly been real and thanks to the vertigo.  I was treated in office and have had slight issues since, but not over the top.  I go back again next week for a re-evaluation to see if there's been any progression in how I'm feeling.

I was also wondering if the nausea was vertigo or baby related and I've decided it's definitely baby (if not both).  It's turned into the all day nausea, worse if I haven't eaten within 2hrs or so.  That's pretty typical of my pregnancies though so it was more or less expected.  I'm trying to remind myself of the bright side.  Sophia's pregnancy had the longest lasting sickness and it was over around 20 weeks so theoretically, I should only have another 11 weeks or so.  I can handle that, right?!

Other than that, things have been going fairly well around here.  Honestly, the nausea/vertigo combo has been pretty tough but with James to help and our live in friend and her daughter helping as well, it's been much more manageable.  And I'm super grateful for that.  God's timing is so perfect.

My first prenatal appointment is next week.  I'm really looking forward to it as I'm hoping to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time.  That's always one of my favorite things.  I'm also curious about the weigh in.  I typically gain the most weight in my first trimester (weird, I know), so I'm curious to see if that's true this time as well.

Until next time...
Terra

No comments: