Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Real Post :)

Okay, so I've been promising a real post for ages and haven't yet given you one. The kids are down, the house is mostly clean, James is in a meeting, so I'm making this post my priority right now. :)

Where to begin on updates? Well...

For about the last two months, we've caught just about every cold and virus floating around the city of Louisville (except either of the flus, which I pray stay away from us!). We've had a nice combo of just about every symptom you could ask for...off and on. Right now, we seem to be on the upswing of our latest and I pray, pray, pray we can stay healthy for a little while.

With all the sickness, there have been many cancelled events and plans. Quite honestly, I was very sad about many of those (including our church's gift exchange and my birthday party). BUT, God continues to show grace each and every day, with each and every illness. I've been really forced to rely on Him not only for strength and energy but more importantly, joy. God's word tells us to be thankful for all things. Is my joy found in my activities? Or in the shed blood of Christ that saves my soul from Hell?

Thanksgiving was nice even though we were not able to see any family. Instead, we had a few friends/church members over for the feast. :p We were blessed by Mama Tess and Papa Ben with the turkey dinner from Meijer. Just about everything was precooked and only needed to be heated. And boy was it yummy!

In the midst of the many cancelled events, we were both able to attend a Christmas party for GFS, a company James chaplain's for. It was tons of fun. We got to dress up, eat a really yummy meal and enjoy a great comedian/juggler. I was really excited I still made it to that. We are thankful for a friend/babysitter who was willing to watch the kids knowing there was a possibility she could get sick from them. By God's grace, she didn't.

Okay...if I keep going, this will be WAY too long. I'll try to be a little better about this again. :) Oh...and I've uploaded some pictures on Flickr if you want to see them!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamesandterra/

Take care,
Terra

No comments: