Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bible Story Mixups

This morning, at breakfast, I thought I'd take the opportunity to teach Hannah about the true reason for Christmas. First, I decided to make it clear why we needed a Savior in the first place. I asked her if she knew how sometimes she did things that were bad. Of course she said yes. Then she asked, "Mommy does bad?" And I agreed. We said that Daddy and even Benjmain do things that are bad. Because we are bad, we deserve punishment - even death. But God loves us SO much that He sent His son, Jesus, as a baby to our world. Jesus would later die and take the punishment we deserve on Himself. She kept nodding and saying "yeah" as if she was really following. I thought I'd quiz her...

Mommy: So what was the baby's name?
Hannah: Isaac!
Mommy: ummmm....no. That was a different Bible story. It was baby Jesus. And who's son is baby Jesus, Hannah?
Hannah: *proudly* All things!
Mommy: What? (oh yeah... when I ask her 'What else did God make?' that's the answer)... Jesus is God's son, Hannah.
Hannah: Yeah... in the BIG ark!

I just died laughing. It's awesome to hear her soaking up all these truths about the Bible... funny of course that she doesn't know who/where/what. What a joy!

Christmas pictures coming soon!

Take care,
Terra

No comments: