Thursday, July 9, 2009

Enjoying Our Children

So I haven't written for a while again but with very good reason - I'm enjoying our kiddos! We had a wonderful vacation in Florida (see pics from last post). We rested, enjoyed family, went shopping and ate LOTS of food! Hannah and Benjamin were slightly out of sorts while we were there just being at a different place. Hannah, in particular, had many discipline issues. However, since we returned home and got back into the swing of things, the kids have done SO well!

I feel like I'm finally seeing some fruit in the tons and tons of discipline Hannah has had to go through. She has been such a joy this week! Now don't get me wrong, she definitely still has a few issues each day but in the grand scheme of things, she's doing great. She is doing a much better job of listening/obeying the first time with a happy heart. She's helping as much as she can (often on her own initiative) with things like throwing away trash, helping empty the dishwasher, "folding" laundry and picking up her toys. Potty-training has taken a little bit of a back step but I'm okay with that for now. We're both much happier at this point. ;)

Benjamin is really showing his personality. He's such a laid back baby and loves to smile. He's a hungry little guy though, growing super fast! At his two month checkup, he weighed 12lbs 7oz (70th percentile) and was 24in long (85th percentile). Though he looks more Asian than Hannah (in our opinion), he seems to have the size and hairy legs of the Caucasian. ;) He loves to coo, smile and is kind of laughing. He gets up once a night to nurse and otherwise, sleeps fairly well.

All that being said, I'm thoroughly enjoying our two babies right now. From Hannah's funny sentences ("I'm scared of bugs" & "I'm sweaty") to Benjamin's smiles, I can't help but smile myself.

In addition, I just finished a great book called "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God." If you're looking for a good read that will show you how to have more joy doing exactly what the Lord has called, it's a must. Next on my reading list: "Womanly Dominion." How's that for a title?

Until next time...
Terra

3 comments:

Todd Morikawa said...

"I'm sweaty" is so funny! Almost as funny as "stuck".

Natalia Morikawa said...

Hannah looks and sounds sooooo funny! I wish I could meet her.
Grace- her cousin in hawaii

Natalie said...

Hannah looks and sounds sooooo funny! I wish I could meet her.
Grace- her cousin in hawaii