Wednesday, July 29, 2009

RIP Memaw 7/25/09

As usual, it's been a while since I've blogged. The biggest thing that's happened lately is the loss of my Memaw. She passed away this past Saturday from pancreatic cancer. This picture was taken just over a month ago, the last time I would see her living.

The funeral was Monday. It was sad as it should be and yet encouraging as well. The pastor put a great emphasis on the fact that one day, all believers in Christ will be reunited with their loved ones. What a blessing it is to know the Lord!

I got to see several family members I haven't seen in a while. My cousin Tiffany, my aunt Tammy and uncle Bob were there. I haven't seen them in about 2 years. Then there were lots of other friends and family as well. We all received individual letters my grandmother had written us before she died. Some of those were pretty entertaining.

Overall, though the occasion was sad, the time together was good. James was able to get his work days rescheduled so that he could go with us. It's been a really long time since he's been able to visit with us. We made it safely back to Louisville and are finally getting caught back up.

My Memaw was 72 and excited about seeing her Maker. I know, because she said so!

In Christ,
Terra

No comments: