Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Be Glad?

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24 NIV

Oh how I've struggled to do just that these last few days! It's been a hectic few days around the Santos home. From James' busy schedule, toddler discipline issues, potty training fiascoes, four hours of almost solid crying from the baby, lack of energy and so on... I've fought to keep my sanity. As a matter of fact, I cried twice today - and I'm not ashamed to admit it. For good reason, the Lord brought the above verse into my heart just moments ago. It doesn't say, "Today was a good day, let us rejoice and be glad in it." It says, "This is the day the Lord has made..." Why the rejoicing? Because God made it. God made today. He made yesterday and the day before. He will make tomorrow. As hard as it may be...I have to fight to rejoice in each day because God has made them. Everything that happens in a given day has been sovereignly ordained by a good God. Pray that I trust in Him and His grace. As the line goes in a Steven Curtis Chapman song, "this is a moment made for worshipping." Every moment. Every tear. Every smile. Every newborn cry. Every act of disobedience from my toddler. Every moment is a moment made for worshipping. Thank you Steven.

Tonight I cling to Lamentations 3:22-23, "The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (ESV)

Tomorrow is a new day.

In Christ,
Terra

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Thanks, Terra! It's beautiful to read your post this morning because I had been reflecting on that same exact Lamentations passage yesterday. Great is His faithfulness!

Amanda said...

So funny you wrote this..When we were little, my mom would light a candle every morning to start prayers and we would sing the song, "This is the day the Lord has made..." And I've been thinking lately that I want to start doing that with my girls, so I'm sure God's using you to remind me to do that! What a great way to start any day...rejoicing in Lord! Thanks, Terra!