Friday, January 27, 2012

Health Issues and a 1st Birthday

Every December I look forward to January thinking things will slow down. Then every January I remember how busy January can get. Ha.
Soooo... we were actually healthy for about 3 weeks or so. That was nice. Today Sophia ended up on steroids for her second round of croup this winter. Two weeks ago, she had her first ear infection. Both have been kind of strange. The only symptoms she had with the ear infection were crankiness and sleeplessness. No snot, fever or anything else. We caught the croup early so hopefully it'll run it's course smoothly.
James has really been struggling with his hands/wrists. Right now, the doc and rheumatologist are thinking he has rheumatoid arthritis. That's a hard pill to swallow. We're hoping for some answers and looking for the best means of treatment.  James has found much comfort in Psalm 73:2: "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
We have a few fun things coming up soon. Sophia's 1st birthday is just weeks away. I can't believe she's already so old! We're going to celebrate with an owl themed party. Since James' birthday is just 3 days after, we'll have a joint party. James' parents will be here to celebrate with us and considering his mom is an amazing cook, we'll all eat well for sure. We haven't seen them since we went to Disney last summer so it should be a great time.
The other two kiddos are doing well. Hannah is growing old so fast. She's such a little mommy, in every way. Benjamin is every bit of two. Each day bounces between the extremes of sweet cuddles and situations requiring discipline. But so far, he's my only son and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Until next time...
Take care,
Terra 

2 comments:

Raising Three 4 Him said...

Hey Terra! I had been diagnosed with RA back in 2005. My symptoms and sed rate and all got completely better when I got pregnant with my third child. So I went the past few years symptom free. Fast forward to this past summer and I started showing symptoms again, nothing major but enough to make me take advil and hunt out the heating pad. I suffered with it for about a month or so and was ready to go to the doctor. One night I was praying about it and God gave me the idea of going to our Natural Health Store here in town and see what they had. Well, I got up the next morning and went in and explained to the herboligist (spl?) my symptoms, and he immediately started telling me what I needed to be taking, first thing to get the swelling down was an all natural anti-inflammatory, very safe to use unlike the ones prescribed by a doctor. I'll list them below, anyways it worked. The following evening I could already tell the swelling and fluid was going down some. It was on a Tuesday when I went into the store, and by that Saturday I would say I was a good 75% better. Now I am pain free again. I would suggest going in and at least talking to someone at a Natural Health Store, I'm all about trying to heal something naturally if possible. Here's what I used and it is all totally natural and safe to use:

*Zyflamend (Anti-inflammatory, I took it for like 10 days I think)

*Joint Health Plus by Membrell

*Barlean's Total Omega Swirl (It tastes like an orange push up)

Another thing I added later was:
*Barlean's Olive Leaf Complex throat spray. It has lots of things it helps, including arthritis symptoms, and it also helps promote a healthy immune system.

The Santos Family said...

Thanks friend! He's actually tried the Zyflamend for a while as we'd visited the local health store for that very purpose. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to help much. I'll mention the others to him. He's seen both a holistic doctor and the rheumatologist so we're open about treatment, willing to go with whatever we see results with for sure. Thanks so much for the thoughts!