Sunday, August 24, 2014

Weeks 33 & 34: And so it begins...

Weeks 33 and 34 came and went as quickly as the last several have.  During week 33, Daniel (the youngest) came down with Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease.  That's never fun.  A few of the other kids seemed a little under the weather but never ended up with a rash or anything.  There were several unexpected doctor's visits and such which made things a bit hectic and exhausting.  School has continued full on and we begin our 6th week this week.  It feels good to be continuing on so that we can take some time off when the baby comes.

During week 34, it hit me how soon Abigail will really be joining us.  We're definitely excited to meet her, it just seems SO soon!  The weeks are literally passing so quickly.  In my past pregnancies, I feel the last few weeks just drug on and on but I don't feel that now, at least not yet. ;)  It's very likely that it just hasn't hit me yet I guess.  I have several friends due around the same time as me.  One of them is literally at the hospital (as I write) in labor!  It makes it all that much more exciting.

My last midwife checkup was smooth over all.  Weight gain is still good though my physical measurements have started decreasing.  This has happened with every single one of my full term pregnancies.  According to my previous pregnancy blogs, during my:
  • 4th pregnancy, at 36wks, 5days,  I measured only 32wks;
  • with my 3rd, I commented on measuring "a few weeks behind" at 37wks;
  • with my 2nd, at 36wks, I measured 32;
  • and with my first, at 37wks, I commented on how the "OB said my measurements seem to have gotten smaller over the last few weeks."

The last three have been positional (baby way down in my pelvis) but the first was believed to have been a placenta giving out and I was induced the very next day after the ultrasound.

So we'll see what the culprit is this go around (I'm guessing positional based on history).  I'm trying not to be super concerned at this point.  I will also have my Strep B test at my next appointment.  That does make me a little anxious as I was positive during my last pregnancy.  There's the worry over not getting all the antibiotics before delivery as well as the fact that I'd rather not have them at all if it could be avoided.  I totally realize the concern/reason if need be though.

My body is definitely getting more achey.  I practically live with Braxton-Hicks these days.  During these two weeks, I had a great deal of rib/back pain. Every. Single. Day.  Most of the day.  Fortunately, it's tapered these last few.  I hope it stays that way.

That's about it for now!

Until next time...

Take care,
Terra

No comments: