Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Week 8: Sick

So now that week 8 is over, I'm telling myself I'm one week closer to feeling better. Right? OH how I pray! I'm finally physically getting sick, not fun. And it's way worse in the evenings. Last night, I was putting Hannah to bed and had a sudden urge to be sick. When I rushed to the bathroom and threw up, she started crying. I felt so bad for her. I tried to tell her I was okay, I'm just a little sick. She told me she didn't want me to be sick. I explained that I didn't want to be sick either but sometimes we get sick anyway. Then she sniffed the air and said, "Mommy, what's that smell?" When I told her it was the vomit, she yelled "Ewwwwww. That's yucky. Mommy, you stink!" So much for empathy. :)

The fatigue is not horrible right now, so that's a praise. I've learned that if I get something on my stomach soon after waking, I can stomach a cup of coffee shortly afterwards. If I get that cup of coffee, I can make it till the kid's naptime - at least so far. By God's grace, about 5 days a week, I'm napping while the kids do so that's a HUGE help.

Then I have a great husband and mom. I feel really bad because I've let the house go a bit and I always start feeling the worst right after James gets home from work. Both he and my mom (who's living with us temporarily) have been cleaning up the after dinner mess. Then one will bathe the kids and the other clean up the rest of the house. And all while I sit staring blankly into a wall feeling like any movement will end badly. So I'm incredibly grateful for them. Just tonight, after dinner (and a busy day at work), James took both kids out for a 'date' so Mommy could get some rest. Seriously great.

I realize I've spoken about not much other than feeling gross. Well, that pretty much sums up the week honestly. I need every bit of grace every morning I awake.

In other news, I had a checkup for my BPPV (positional vertigo). I started having extremely dizzy/nausea bouts shortly after Benjamin was born in April 09. After 5 months, a lot of bloodwork, 2 MRIs, and 5 doctors, I was finally diagnosed with Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. The BPPV itself is officially cleared. However, as a result of the last 6 months of therapy, my vertical balance is, as the doctor described it, extremely abnormal. Ha. That just made me laugh. Of course it is! So now, instead of therapy for positional vertigo, I'm doing vestibular rehabilitation to try and retrain my eyes/ears to understand my vertical head movements properly. Tell me that's not just crazy? :)

Oh...and here's a picture of our 4th of July 'attire.' I don't dress us alike often but I like to play on the holidays. :)



Until next week...
Terra

No comments: