Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Latest Health Updates

First, let me say thank you to all of the wonderful people that have written, called, spoke, or simply prayed for me. I've been so blessed by you all! To top it off, I haven't had a true headache in about 3 days now, which is a gigantic answered prayer in itself. The dizziness and nausea has also lessened.

I spoke with my doctor yesterday afternoon. The good news, my CT scan was normal overall. No brain tumors, abnormalities or sinus issues. She pointed out that I do have a slightly deviated septum but from what I've read, most of the population does. The not-so-good news, still no diagnosis. She mentioned a couple of every day things that may be causing these symptoms individually (such as stress, parenting, etc). She said the only other potential diagnosis was one she didn't think I had anyway: depression. I agree in the sense that I'm pretty sure I'm not depressed. There was a time my sophomore year in college when I did struggle with depression. However, I know I'm not at that same point now. To be sure, I've asked a few of my closest friends (and family) and they agreed with me. Whew.

A few people have also suggested the problem could stem from the physical and/or emotional strains from my miscarriage in March. I'm not sure. I guess that's a possibility. I feel like we're coping well emotionally though.

For those of you who are concerned, the summer has been much less busy than the spring was. Our responsibilities with church functions and other things have decreased significantly. We're finally getting to rest a little bit as a family. James is still incredibly busy with work but he's able to relax a little more once he gets home.

Pray that we continue to trust in the Lord. Whatever the situation with my health, pray that I place my trust in Him fully. We'll be going on vacation in about a week and a half (to visit friends and family in Florida) and I pray it'll be a good time away for us. Thank you all again for your concern and prayers.

In Christ,
Terra

No comments: